Sunday, January 6, 2013

Cleaning Cleaning Cleaning

I am making an effort to post more this year, I won't stress about it but I will try to be more than a reader. I am cleaning an clearing out, my sewing room has become some cluttered I feel I cannot be creative unless I clear it out. I have filled four large trash bags and filled our recycle container to date and I am finally seeing the light and feel like sewing. Yesterday I loaded a customer quilt, I hope to do some work on that today while hubby is watching football. I also started recovering my couch cushions, we bought this beautiful sectional less than seven years ago and the threads are letting go every where, something needed to be done so I bought some fabric and will see how it goes, so far one cushion done but still needs a little tweaking, and 5 more to go will try and post some pictures later this week. What have you all been up to?

5 comments:

  1. Judy, it sounds great! A clean sewing room makes all the difference. I would love to see how you recover your couch cushions. I've gotten myself involved in 2 QALs now, so my goal is to keep on track with those while working on customer quilts - and the newest addition to my queue: family quilts. They get free quilting and I come from a family of quilters... By the way Iove your blog background. : )

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Teresa, I will post pictures of the cushions this week would like to get one more under my belt before I post. I am working on the second of two quilts for a customer, she is in her late eighties and trying to use up her stash so there have been a few scrap quilts from her.I will try and post a picture or two of these as well (need to charge my camera). I am also going to list a few panto's for sale I have quite a few and now that I have the IQ I don't need them. would you be interested? if so let me know and I will tell you what I have. My sister and daughter get free quilting too! but I love quilting for them.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you making some progress. Funny, I was there earlier and didn't even make it upstairs to witness all your hard work.
    Me, I think I'll knit a bit today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Finished the first quilt and I am about half way thru the second! Go Me!

      Delete

  3. Your blog is very impressive and have the useful information it is really caught my attention.


    great work

    تصميم مواقع





    good job Beautiful! :)

    حراج السيارات

    ReplyDelete